Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hey everyone! As usual, I am too excited about too many things to focus on just one, so I decided to share a couple of things in this post.

First off, I wanted to share with you all the link to a blog I've been reading a lot lately... it's called RabbitWrite, and addresses various issues around gender, sexuality, and relationships. I really enjoy her range of topics and ability to be blunt, honest, and insightful in each post. Take a look at rabbitwrite.com.

In other news, I just wanted to highlight an event being hosted on our campus in a few weeks to honor International Women's Day. Women's Empowerment International is a non-profit based in San Diego that uses microfinance to created increased opportunities for women in situations of poverty. Come learn how microfinance works, meet recipients, and also learn how to cook some scrumptious dishes! The event will be held on March 6 at the Great Hall in ERC from 2 to 4pm. The Women's Center will also be tabling at this event, so stop by and say hello!

Last, but not least, I am a huge fan of finding new music. Here's a song I happened upon a few weeks ago... the track is a Bassnecter remix of Lights by Ellie Goulding. I love both of these artists, so coming across this was a real treat. Listen below. Enjoy!



In community,
Neda
Social Justice Peer Educator Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment